PLEASE READ


I will no longer post here.
I've moved to Tumblr.

Check this Yeng Constantino related Tumblr Blog managed by yours truly. :)




http://ohhyeng.tumblr.com/


xtinayellrawr ©2011

Saturday, May 7, 2011

[ARTICLE] Yeng Constantino admits she almost gave up on showbiz

by: Napoleon Quintos

Yeng Constantino’s has just added a bunch of new trophies in her wall of achievements. Last March the singer/songwriter bagged five wins from the MYX Music Awards 2011, namely Favorite Artist, Favorite MYX Celebrity VJ, Favorite Female Artist, Favorite Music Video (for her song Jeepney Love Story), and Favorite Collaboration for her work in the song “Kung Wala Na Nga” with rock band 6cyclemind and Kean Cipriano.

But making music is not always filled with praise and recognition. In her interview with Chalk Magzine which features her as cover of its May issue, the 22-year-old confessed getting heartbroken when her debut album released in 2006 following her win in Pinoy Dream Academy, was bashed by critics and they commented that her music was bland, the songs were interchangeable, there was nothing to look forward to, and that she’ll be a one-hit wonder.

“Masakit,” Yeng looked back on the criticisms. “I learned that the comments of the people I love are more important than what other people say. It’s good to listen to critics because there things in what they say that can help you, but you have to sift through.”

She pondered if she made the right decision of pursuing her dream of making music but before she could call it quits, she realized that even before the harsh criticisms, she had been a fighter and a survivor. Yeng talked to Chalk about the time when at the tender age of 14, she had to assume the role of a breadwinner to her family. She began playing for bands, but she didn’t feel bad. “I wanted to work for my family. I wanted to buy food for us. I love my family. When you love, you don’t ask questions.”

Almost five years after PDA, three studio albums and numerous hit original songs that followed, Yeng still looks forward to so many things as a musician. “I want to last long in the industry. I want to be like Gary Valenciano. And I want to do my passion until my last breath.”

No comments:

Post a Comment